Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stench

Spain is wonderful.

That being said, I feel as if I am stinking this place up. This is my third day in Sagunto and I still have no received my carry on luggage. Though the airline assured me my bags would be on the next flight to Valencia from Paris, I'm beginning to think that the nice man at the counter may have been fibbing. I've been wearing the same clothes for the last few days and am disgusted with myself. Today, I'm on my last pair of underwear... I pray for God's mercy on my soul and my roommate's nose.

Aside from that minor complaint, Espana has been thrilling. Today, we had our first day of classes, in which all were in Espanol. I placed in the B group, which is not bad for taking Spanish four years ago in high school. We learned a new word in class today: piragua, which mean canoe in English. Juan Antonio (el profesor) asked me a question today, to which I responded the wrong answer, twice. However, the teachers are very patient with the abundance of ignorance. I feel like they really have a passion for what they do and for us.

Tambien, es muy HUMEDO aqui. Mi pelo se ve horrible. Pero, estat bien. Voy acostumbrarme.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You and your hair... :P That last bit cracked me up. :]

    ReplyDelete